Learn About Our Hours and Fares
The Poway-Midland Railroad reserves the right to substitute equipment or cancel operations as required based on passenger volume, crew availability, inclement or hot weather, equipment failure, general safety, government directive, or other reasons as determined by our management. Our Volunteer Staff works very hard to meet your expectations, but sometimes circumstances warrant otherwise.
- Locomotive 1st and 3rd Saturdays: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Cable Car 2nd Saturday, Speeder 4th Saturday, Cable Car/Speeder if 5th Saturday – all 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- (Depot closes and last departure at 3:45pm or 1:45pm)
- Sundays: 11 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- (Depot closes and last departure at 1:45)
- (No operations 2nd Sunday of each month: ‘Quiet Sunday’.)
- The Poway Midland Railroad has a new ADA compliant coach and ADA accessible lift… which will only be available when the new coach is in operation. The new coach operates the first and third weekend of the month, Saturday’s from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Sunday’s from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- This schedule is subject to change.
- For more information, our phone number is (858) 668-4576
Annual Schedule (subject to change as needed):
- Steam Locomotive: 1st Weekend & 3rd Weekend of each month.
- Speeder: 4th Weekend, sometimes 5th Weekends of each month.
- Cable Car: 2nd Saturday of each month, sometimes 5th weekend
No operations 2nd Sunday of each month: ‘Quiet Sunday’.
- No operations Easter Sunday.
- Closed from 2nd Sunday in December until 1st weekend past New Year’s Day in January. (Winter Break)
- If the scheduled equipment is not available, other equipment will be used.
- Note: If the 1st day of the month falls on Saturday or Sunday, that weekend will be considered the 1st weekend of the month for scheduling purposes.
- Locomotive: $3.50 for Adults, $1.00 for Children
- Speeder: $2.50 for Adults, $1.00 for Children
- Cable Car: $3.50 for Adults, $1.00 for Children