Learn About Our Hours and Fares
The Poway-Midland Railroad reserves the right to substitute equipment or cancel operations as required based on passenger volume, crew availability, inclement or hot weather, equipment failure, general safety, government directive, or other reasons as determined by our management. Our Volunteer Staff works very hard to meet your expectations, but sometimes circumstances warrant otherwise.
The 1907 Baldwin Steam Engine, “Old Cantankerous” is in need of a major repair. The boiler, which has powered the locomotive since 1937, needs to be replaced. We’re working hard on a solution and hope to roll Poway’s beloved steam train back out onto the tracks in 2017. We will add more information about the situation as soon as we can.
In the meantime, keep bringing your family and friends for a delightful Poway Midland Railroad ride aboard our other historic trains!
Poway-Midland Railroad is closed for the holidays. We will be closed from Dec.11th through Jan. 6th. We will be open on Jan. 7th, 2017. Happy Holidays!
- Saturdays: 10 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- (Depot closes and last departure at 3:45)
- Sundays: 11 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- (Depot closes and last departure at 1:45)
- (No operations 2nd Sunday of each month: ‘Quiet Sunday’.)
- The Poway Midland Railroad has a new ADA compliant coach and ADA accessible lift… which will only be available when the new coach is in operation. The new coach operates the first and third weekend of the month, Saturday’s from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Sunday’s from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The schedule is subject to change. Information: (858) 668-4576
Annual Schedule (subject to change as needed):
- Steam Locomotive: 1st & 3rd weekends of each month.
- Speeder: 4th weekend of each month.
- Trolley: 5th weekend of each month.
- (No Steam Locomotive January – March due to Annual Overhaul-equipment substituted as appropriate.)
No operations 2nd Sunday of each month: ‘Quiet Sunday’.
- No operations Easter Sunday.
- Closed from 2nd Sunday in December until 1st weekend in January. (Winter Break)
- If the scheduled equipment is not available, other equipment will be used.
- Note: If the 1st day of the month falls on Saturday or Sunday, that weekend will be considered the 1st weekend of the month for scheduling purposes.
New prices starting July 1, 2016
- Locomotive: $3.50 for Adults, $1.00 for Children
- Cable Car: $3.50 for Adults, $1.00 for Children
- Trolley: $2.50 for Adults, $1.00 for Children
- Speeder: $2.50 for Adults, $1.00 for Children