Are you looking for a great way to get into the holiday spirit and create family memories that will last a lifetime? Witness Christmas traditions come to life during Christmas in the Park.
Shuttle Locations Available: Free Shuttles to and from the event will be available from two different locations. Locations include the Park and Ride lot located at the corner of Community Road and Twin Peaks Road with the additional location at the Poway Adult School Parking lot located at 13626 Twin Peaks Road. Shuttles will run throughout the event, beginning at 3:00 p.m. and leaving Old Poway Park for the last trip at 9:00 p.m.
While at Christmas in the Park you will get to:
- View the community Christmas tree lighting at 5:15 p.m.
- Watch Santa and Mrs. Claus arrive by train at 5:30 p.m.
- Take your picture with Santa and Mrs. Claus in Santa’s Village
- Ride on a horse drawn hayride between the hours of 4:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Have your face painted
- Ride the steam locomotive train for a nominal fee
- Make holiday ornaments to help decorate the community Christmas tree
- Pet animals at the petting zoo
- Listen to live musical holiday entertainment and caroling
- Enjoy children’s theater and singing performances
- Tap your feet to square dancing performances
- Purchase handcrafted holiday gifts
- See an HO model train display
- Eat holiday sweets and warm dinner foods
- Visit the Museum and sing Christmas songs with the piano player
- Visit the Nelson House and play old-fashioned games
Christmas in the Park is cosponsored by the City of Poway, the Old Poway Park Action Committee, Old Poway Village, The Home Depot of Poway, Walter Andersen Nursery, Francis Ralph Potograpiya, and Neal Electic.